Maritime Economy, Logistics and Transport
The Port of Hamburg is the largest seaport in Germany and the third largest in Europe. Many of our clients, such as shipyards, suppliers or shipping companies, come from the maritime industry. Because of one of our partner’s background, working for an internationally operating shipping company in Singapore, we have extensive expertise in this field. Be it disputes about shipbuilding contracts or the delivery of maritime propulsion systems, conflicts in connection with ship management or maritime accidents—none of these fields are uncharted waters for us.
A selection of past cases
- Represented a European publishing house in numerous state court proceedings against former executive employees concerning fraud in the company’s logistics sector.
- Represented a manufacturer of maritime propulsion systems in state court proceedings concerning the total failure of large-diameter antifriction bearings.
- Represented a supplier of maritime propulsion systems in a dispute against a shipyard over damages for a delay due to the alleged late acceptance of a cruise ship.
- Advised a company based in the Port of Hamburg for damages from a maritime accident.
- Asserted damage claims for an international shipping company for breaches of warranty under a shipbuilding contract. *
- Defended an international ship manager against claims for breach of duty under the management contract.*
*) These mandates were handled before the time at BAUMANN Resolving Disputes.